Based on our experience following the Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami, in order to prepare for mega disasters (Tokyo inland earthquake and Nankai trough earthquake) which are predicted to occur in Japan , we will receive international assistance smoothly and establish coordination framework by:
– Promote International Disaster Response Law (IDRL)
– Establish a system to receive international assistance through discussions with the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC).
– Prepare for mutual cooperation when a mega disaster happens in East Asia region
– As for IDRL, in cooperation with Japanese Red Cross Humanitarian Research Center, disseminate the recommendation made by the “Study Group on the Great East Japan Earthquake & International Humanitarian Assistance ” to the concerned government offices, prefectures, municipalities and Japanese Red Cross Chapters and facilities.
– As for receiving international assistance, based on the recommendation made by the IFRC on emergency relief and recovery assistance in Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami, contingency plan for Tokyo inland earthquake and Nankai trough earthquake will be discussed and agreed with the IFRC and the International Committee of Red Cross. We will consult with concerned government offices for solving legislative issues such as accepting ERUs which are most likely to receive.
– As for mutual cooperation in East Asia region when a mega disaster occurs, further discussion is to be made during the East Asia Leadership meetings and other opportunities for signing MoU or co-organizing Disaster Management training.