Resolution 7 : Strengthening the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement response to growing humanitarian needs
Chairman, National Humanitarian Law Committee
1. Mauritius has acceded and domesticated the core IHL conventions, the last ones being the ATT and the one on Cluster Munitions. Presently, the National IHL Committee is assisting the State in its process to accede to two of CCW additional Protocols and domesticate the CCW.
2. The IHL Committee organises, each year, awareness and sensitisation campaigns in schools, youth centres and municipal councils. A roving photo exhibition on IHL has been set up to that effect.
3. Annual report on IHL are published.
4.Training programmes for educators, social workers, and youth officers on IHL are organised.
5.Collaboration with the Mauritius Red Cross Society has been strengthened. MRCS is a member of the National IHL Committee.
6. The publication of five-year IHL activities in Mauritius is in process.
7. The publication of a Handbook on the IHL conventions to which Mauritius is a party is in process.
8. With the assistance of the ICRC, a sub-regional platform on IHL involving the Indian Ocean Islands is envisaged.